“Should safety conditions and process control allow, calibration can normally be performed with process facilities still running.”
SHP Automation® Limited is able to calibrate all forms of Pressure, Level, Temperature, Flow, Weight, pH, Conductivity, Electrical and Test Equipment.
Without calibration, or by using incorrect calibrations, we expose ourselves to increased costs, loss of quality control and increase the risk of downtime.
There are numerous benefits in having your Equipment / Instruments calibrated – The accuracy of all measuring devices degrades over time. This is typically caused by normal wear & tear. However, changes in accuracy can also be caused by electric or mechanical shock or hazardous manufacturing equipment. Accurate devices improve product & quality.
The goal of calibration is to minimise any measurements uncertainty by ensuring the accuracy of test equipment. Calibration quantities & controls errors or uncertainties within measurement processes to an acceptable level.
The calibration of Instruments is the most basic maintenance requirement, which is an established procedure that every business using machinery or Instruments must conduct periodically as specified in their machinery or instrument requirements.
A measuring device should be calibrated:
- According to the recommendation of the manufacturer
- After any mechanical or electrical shock
- Periodically (Annually, Quarterly, Monthly)
- Testing of a new Instrument
- Testing of an Instrument that has been repaired or modified
- Periodic testing of Instruments
- Testing after the specific usage has elapsed
- Prior to &/or after a critical measurement
- When observations are not accurate or instrument indicators do not match the output of a surrogate instrument
Not calibrating your Equipment or Instruments will put your business in situations that you don’t want to be in, such as,
- Issues with food safety
- The risk to customers’ health
- Breach of HACCP
- Closure notice from an environmental health officer
- Legal notice
By taking the assistance of our calibration services, you can avoid such situations and rest assured knowing that your business doesn’t suffer due to the production of a bad quality product